Citizens of Upright Moral Character
don't drink the kool-aid

Cocktail of the Week

image

Moral Citizen: est on Mar 29, 04 | 6:35 pm | Profile
[1] Trackbacks | [0] Pingbacks | Link | Email Article

COMMENTS

Another Chapagne cocktail? This bowl of libation could only be the prelude for another form of entertaining in the Rumpus room: the Swinger's Exchange.
Speaking of which, here are 2 cocktail names waiting to be developed:
The Swinger's Exchange
The Rumpus Room.

Posted by: pibor on Mar 30, 04 | 1:50 pm

Yes, I've been thinking about a rumpus cocktail myself. i really didn't want to post another champagne cocktail (though i'm inclined to try this one sometime as some type of uber mimosa) but the alcoholic selections in the Victory cookbook are scant. in this case the cocktail takes a backseat to the real estate... and when did "hamburgs on rolls" become "hamburgers"?? some clever boy must have managed it...

Posted by: est on Mar 31, 04 | 11:13 am

queer eye for the victory guy?

how's this as the rumpus room:
1 1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz orange curocao
1/2 oz lime juice
splash of bourbon
splash of grenadine

that'll put some shag in your carpet!

Posted by: pibor on Apr 01, 04 | 2:15 pm

I have a Rumpus Room (alpha v.1) next to me. It is a bit varied than above, as I am short of rum. Fortunately, I have plenty of rumpus.
I think I did 3/4 rum, 3/4 lime, 1/2 oz (short) patron orange (like cointreau). I shook and served up. The splash of bourbon is brilliant, if I may say so, and the grenadine sinks to the bottom, forming an attractive bright red poolette.
However, I think this would be better, and more in theme, as a highball. Shake, pour over ice, fill with soda, and get some of that grenadine to color it up. The boubon will stick in the cubes at top, forming a nice brown bourbonsmog at top.

Ahhh...cocktails.

Posted by: pibor on Apr 01, 04 | 9:27 pm

the highball style Rumpus Room is a winner. absolutely. I made it with rye rather than bourbon ,but it would be wonderful either way.
Maraschino cherry to garnish, please.

Posted by: pibor on Apr 05, 04 | 1:19 pm

please to summarize: i can't quite make out the recipe from your postings

Posted by: est on Apr 06, 04 | 1:11 pm

1 1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz orange curocao
3/4 oz lime
shake these ingredients with a bit of ice and strain into an ice-filled highball glass
fill almost to the top with club soda and gently stir.
carefully pour maybe a teaspoon grenadine into the edge of the glass, so it dribbles down to the bottom. top with maybe 1tbsp bourbon or rye.
garnish with maraschino cherry.
You can substitute cointreau or triple sec for the orange curocao, if needed.
the consumer may wish a stirring stick for a more consistent drinking experience, however, it should be served layered.

Posted by: pibor on Apr 06, 04 | 4:19 pm

Notify me when someone replies to this post?

Powered by pMachine